The goals of this workshop are two-fold:
- Provide an opportunity for cross-pollination of ideas and perspectives and the potential for future collaborations.
- Develop a dialogue regarding productive and problematic uses of feminist theories.
The expected outcomes of this workshop include:
- A bibliographic resource (begun through this proposal’s reference list) that can be shared broadly across the growing Feminist HCI/CSCW community. This continues work begun in the 2014 CSCW Feminism and Social Media workshop.
- A listserv or shared social media space for continuing the conversation among interested researchers post-workshop.
- A potential proposal for an edited volume concerning feminist approaches to collaboration studies. We have been speaking with an editor who expressed interest in sponsoring a volume as part of Springer’s Human–Computer Interaction Series (see http://www.springer.com/series/6033).